Supply List: Bamboo Paint Brush, Paper, Watercolor Palette
Learn about Chinese Brush Stroke Paintings:
See videos below for step-by-step instructions for how to paint bamboo.
Supply List: Paper Lantern Template, Bamboo Paint Brush, Watercolor Pallet, 6x6 Black Card Stock, 4 2x6 Black Card Stock, LED Tea Light, Water Cup
Learn about Chinese Lanterns:
1. Using your large paper template and the new skills you have learned, paint a few of your favorite designs across the template.
2. Using the already scored lines, fold the temple into 5 sections and fold down the top and bottom flaps.
3. Using the double-sided tape, run a long piece down the small 1-inch flap, forming a box.
4. Fold in the bottom flaps and add double-sided tape. Place the bottom of the lantern on the 6x6 black paper.
5. Fold the top flaps down and use the four 2x6 Strips to create a top for your lantern. Use the double-sided tape to secure the top of the lantern.
6. Turn on your LED tea light and place it into the bottom of your lantern.
Instructional Slide Show: