Supply List: Brown Craft Paper, Paint Pots, Q-tips, and Pencil
Learn about Aboriginal Art:
1. On the brown paper, use your pencil to trace your hand.
2. Using your markers and the Aboriginal Symbol Guide, color in your hand.
3. Open one color of your paint pot and use a Q-Tip to dip into the paint and place a dot of paint on the outline of your hand.
Continue around with that one color.
4. Open a second color pot and again, use a Q-tip to place dots around your hand.
5. Go around your hand until you are happy with the design.
Supply List: Craft Tube with caps, 10 Pipe Cleaners, 1/4 Cup rice, Brown Tissue Paper, 2 rubber bands, Markers
Learn about Rain Sticks
1. Decorate your tube with the markers. Be sure to use the symbol guide.
2. Take a pipe cleaner and wrap it around a marker to make a spiral.
Do this 9 times.
3. With the last pipe cleaner thread the spirals onto it and drop it inside of your tube.
4. Open your bag of rice carefully, and pour it into your tube.
5. Add your cap and that should secure your rice in the tube.
6. Fold a piece of tissue paper in half and place it over the end of the tube and secure with a rubber band. Do this for both ends.
7. Turn the tube slowly to make the sound of rain.